DIY tips for taking care of your bed sheet
Your bed is one of the crucial elements in your home, and whether you keep your bed warm and cosy or decorate it with colourful sheets and cushions, you have your style. After all, you spend at least more than 8 hours on the bed every day. So, it is one of the primary places you spend time in. You have your personal choice as far as bedsheets are concerned, and it, in a way, describes your style statement. It is always fun to choose your sheets, either from a mall in Mumbai or from us, Bed Sheet manufacturers in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
It is essential to take care of the sheets properly as you take care of other clothes. Nowadays, various bed sheet manufacturers also attach the washing and caring tips in the sheet package while selling them, which is good to be followed. If you don’t have that for your new bedsheets, here are some general tips to keep your sheets fresh and refrain from damaging it so that it lasts long.
- Wash your bed sheets in cold or warm water and avoid hot temperatures. Very high temperatures can damage the fabric, and hence 40 degrees Celsius or less is appropriate for washing the sheets.
- Avoid using fabric conditioners or use them to the minimum as they tend to coat the natural fibres and eventually break them down. It causes abrasion leading to piling.
- It is good to rinse your bedsheetstwice so that the excess detergent residues are completely removed, which otherwise causes the sheets to go yellow or discolouration.
- A too-hot clothes dryer is a no-no as it ruins the natural fabrics by weakening and breaking their fibres. Overheating makes them brittle and faded over time.
- Washing the sheets weekly or even more often in humid places can extend the life of your sheets as the particles like dust, dirt, body oils, sweat, etc, starts to accumulate on the sheets. These particles remaining in the bedsheetsfor a longer time can add stress to their fibres. They also tend to attract microscopic mites, which can damage the sheets.
It’s good to keep three sets of sheets for one bed to keep your sheets new and fresh for a longer time. One in the storage to be used next, one in the wash and the third one tugged in the bed. We can rotate them frequently so that all the sheets wear evenly. Most of the bedsheet manufacturers also give different offers if bought in a pair of two or three.
Last but not the least, the most important way to make sure that your sheets last long is to purchase quality bedding from a good brand. That is when team FrionKandy comes in. Our cotton single and double bedsheets are carefully crafted for comfort and longevity if properly cared for. You can go ahead and visit the site and explore some beautiful sheets for your bed!